Sunday, October 19, 2008

Utah Visitors

This week Terry and I had some visitors from our old stomping grounds in Utah. Terry's cousin Sam, and also a good friend of ours Adrian came and visited us here in Dallas. As always it is so good to see old friends again, and catch up on everything. It also was nice that the weather cooperated, and we had some beautiful fall days in the 80's and 70's (except for the last day of rain.) We were also sad that the pool temperature had gotten too cold to be able to swim, (at least that is what Terry and I thought.) Suprisingly they jumped right in the pool the first day, and swam the whole week. I guess Terry and I have gotten used to the mild southern weather because I wouldn't get in that cold pool for nothing. I'm glad they were brave and had fun swimming. We did the usual tour of Dallas, and saw downtown and all of that. We also had fun kicking up our heels at the clubs in Oaklawn, and had alot of laughs. We also spent hours just chatting on the back porch, sipping drinks, and enjoying the cool fall mornings, and warm fall days. It's funny but I just so much enjoy being here in Dallas, and there isn't much I miss about my old job or house in Salt Lake. The one thing I do miss is all the wonderful friends and family we left behind in Utah. It's just always a treat to have them come and visit us, and to reconnect. We sure had fun, and thanks again Sam and Adrian for spending time with us in Dallas.


Here is Adrian and Sam having laughs with us in the Kitchen. We had so much fun that I only got one picture taken the whole time!!!

2 comments:

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

yeah, we love visitors too. (hint, hint!) Sounds like a great weekend. Make sure you get some great restaurants lined up just in case I decide to visit. I like ribs, fish, Mexican, and Mediteranean. That should do me for a good weekend!! :)

JZ said...

I'm so glad you're updating your blog again! The last time I looked at it, it hadn't been updated since May. It's nice to keep in touch. I'm so jealous about your Austin trip! Is it starting to cool down in Dallas or is that even possible?