Tuesday, February 12, 2008

35 Holy Cow!!



I can't beleive I've now turned 35! The years just creep up on you I suppose. I can't say I feel like a 35 year old guy, except maybe when I get motivated and run on the treadmill at the gym. Then I feel every one of those years as I'm huffing and puffing while the 100 pound 20 something girl next to me is barely breaking a sweat and running twice as fast. My thirties have been an interesting time. I am feeling like I am too old now for the super trendy clothes and hairstyles, and now all of that grown up looking adult Banana Republic clothing seems more my style. I even forgot about my age the other day when a co-worker of mine asked how old I was at a group lunch. When I informed him I was turning 35 he got a look on face, scrunched up his face and said "oh my gosh you ARE old!!" Well so I guess it's official, and I am now out of the younger generation. I can't say I mind too much though. My friends that are my age and older have come up with a fun new pastime now: poking fun at how the 19 year olds look. I suppose it's silly but it does make us feel better. And actually my 30's so far have been the best years of my life, so I wonder what 40 brings....??????

I did have a great birthday however. Terry baked lovely birthday chocolate caramel brownies. We ate them outside in the 70 degree weather by the pool. It was so wierd having my birthday in sunny weather outside. February 10th was always cold and snowy in Utah, and I always had a birthday inside. Now time to start working on that tan..........

4 comments:

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

I'll tell you what 40 brings: paunchy gut, gas, and a weird new interest in politics! But I'm having the time of my life too!! Although, I must say, having my b-day by the pool is something very novel and sounds great!

sara and wade said...

hi brian! its your cousin sara... i love that you have a blog!! it will be so good to keep in touch with you and terry! the Big "D" looks so nice right now, but i can't lie, st. george is right behind it with the gorgeous weather... i just wish i had a swimming pool like you two so that i can chill and relax by it for my birthday too! i can't wait to see more and especially of the remodeling of your house! you always do such great work!! good to see you! check out our blog when you have a second... not much to see there, but oh well right? sure love ya!

Alyson said...

Wahoo!!! Happy birthday to you too! I am so jealous that you had your birthday next to a pool! But I am also so excited that you started a blog! I have loved your posts so far "4 Queens getting ready in the morning" and "not West Jordan Utah big hair" had me busting up! :) I can't wait to see more of your house. Please take some 'before & after' shots for me, k? I'm so sad I didn't get to see your SLC house before you so abruptly left! ;)I'm glad to hear you are liking Dallas. We might be down there later this year to visit some friends with a new baby. I'd love to see you guys. I'll keep you posted. :)

amber said...

I was just thinking "31 holy cow", and I've been poking fun at the 19 year olds for a long time now (makes me feel better about my post 3 kids body!!!!) Happy late birthday and welcome to our blogging family!!! your house rocks BTW! I love the kitchen! (if you run out of rooms to do mosaics in, I have a kitchen in dire need of some "flare"... smooches! Amber