Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Brian meets Texas

Well it all started in March of 2007. My partner Terry and I decided to visit our dear friends who had just moved to Dallas Texas from Salt Lake City Utah. We arrived and had a truly wonderful fun time in Dallas. We loved our friends pool in their backyard. The hustle and bustle of the big city was exciting. It was so green and lush, and the weather was perfect. Terry and I both commented on how much we liked the area and it wouldn't be bad living there. Well I guess we thought we would see what happened if we put our resume online for jobs in Dallas. Well sure enough a job headhunter contacted me and poof 3 months later I accepted a job with a small natural gas company in Dallas to start and run their geographical information system. The crazy part was they needed me to start in 3 weeks. It was a mad dash to get the house packed up and sold. Of course, just to make things interesting we ended up selling house the morning we were packing the U-Haul and heading out of town. Talk about coming down to the wire!!! Big thanks to Bob W our friend and Salt Lakes finest real estate agent for making it happen. Well 1500 miles and 2 days later a HUGE yellow Penske moving truck towing a pickup truck, and a cute black honda convertible arrived at our friends Todd and Bill in east Dallas. Man I was glad to finally get here. I was tired of driving and staring at the back of that big yellow truck for hours on end. Not to mention there wasn't much to see driving for hours through west Texas, unless you like cows and oil wells for miles and miles. After we arrived it took us another month to get closed and into our cute new home here in north Dallas. Our friends were saints to put up with us crashing at their house for a month. 4 Queens all getting ready to go off to work in the morning is quite a production but we actually got along great. Here are a few pics of the house.


We love our new house and of course started immediately remodeling it. (more on that later).
I will say it's been so crazy and fast the way it all worked out. I still can't beleive I'm living in Dallas sometimes, but it just feels right. Man I definitely learned to be careful what you ask for because it might come true. I was wanting to move and find a new job and BAM it happened!!!

No comments: