Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Fixin up the house!

Well here is some pictures of some of the stuff I've been doing to the house. It's been a crazy 6 months here. Terry and I really have been living in dust, but it's all turned out great so far. Well 3 rooms done rest of the house to go!!!


















Living/Dining Room Before (sooooo 1970's)




















Living/Dining room after (with the new hardwood Teak floors)



The Kitchen Remodel. (This room about killed us I swear, but it was worth every cussword!!)















Kitchen Before (once again 70's fake plastic cabinets!!)
Also scary tore up kitchen with electrical wires everywhere ahhhhh!!










The new finished kitchen with cherrywood cabinets, green granite countertops, tile floors and backsplash. It turned out alot nicer than Terry and I imagined. We worked for 4 months on this room. We thought the roof was going to fall in on us once as we demolished a wall. We got shocked way too many times to count. Of course the plumbing was the usual mess and leaked. (could I just have one plumbing where something didn't leak!!!)I tell you what we got so sick of washing dishes in the bathroom sink and tub, but it's all soon forgotten once it all came together.

Mosaic medallion / backsplash Mosaic pattern on the floor
over the cooktop
I hand cut all the mosaic tiles in the kitchen. It took about a month to cut and assemble the almost 8000 individual little pieces that make up all the mosaics. I know it's a strange hobby I have. My friends here all laughed and wondered if I had anything better to do than cut tile. hmmmm....now what mosaics can I cook up for the bathrooms.......!!!

4 comments:

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

I have 2 words: pre-cut mosaics!! Anyway, it does give you braggin rights. As always, loved all your decorating. I also did a quick weekend touch up to our last undone bathroom and it turned into a 3 day, 3 returned light fixtures, and 1 small explosion project. How do these things happen?

Alyson said...

WOWZA! Excellent work! I am so impressed with your masonry skills! :) I love the red paint and the teak floors too. The lighting brings it all together. Beautiful!

Em said...

HI!!!!!!!!!! It totally made my day to see your comments on Al's blog. It's great to see you! That's some stellar renovating...I can totally see you working on the mosiacs. It's like an extension of your genius piano composing at G-ma's. Love ya! Em

sara and wade said...

looks WAY cool! i love it! this is exactly what i want to do to my little house, but i don't think it is worth putting the money into it at the crappy market time. someday. you've got mad skills. by the way, i still think of you WHENEVER i see a cool tile mosiac piece... like in vegas at the wynn... way stellar, and i think of how far you have come from the first 'tile job' you did in the north ogden house in the upstairs bathroom. how is that for a trip down memory lane?! great job so far! can't wait to see more!